It’s time for the weekly update! The big news this week is that we finally got the prototype leg under closed-loop control – woohoo! We also continued work on the hydraulic power unit frame, made spacers for the powertrain, and started the final round of design on the chassis and leg based on lessons learned from the prototype leg. Check it all out in the video below:
In this coming week, we’ll be doing a lot of tuning of the control loops that govern the leg’s motion, continuing the final design process for the legs, and pushing ahead with the hydraulic power unit integration. Stay tuned – we’re starting to pick up some serious speed!
In our previous update, we mentioned that we had to switch columns within Artisan’s Asylum. We didn’t mention HOW we switched columns. We’d like to take a moment to amuse you with the rather ridiculous, 20-30 minute process we used to get a stuck base mount off the column… set to the Benny Hill theme.
We have come to realize that a) we are bad at this continuing-to-write-blog-posts thing, and b) even so, we really need to be documenting this process for the world to see. Thus, we’ve decided to change gears a bit and offer weekly video updates instead of blog posts. Check out our first update below!
Let us know what you think, and if you have anything you’d like to learn more about!